The Small Scale PPPs Session hosted by the World Association of PPP was held on February 2nd and it covered what are the issues that Small-Scale PPPs are facing.
This session was very relevant for the water sector where community-based solutions are paramount for reaching people without services quickly. Amanda Loeffen, chair of the WAPPP Water Sector and CEO of HR2W, started the discussion around why finance is not reaching these projects.
The panel turned its lens toward the multifaceted challenges inherent in the implementation and operation of Small Scale PPPs. Discussants also delved into the financing, expertise, risk management, legal hurdles, and community engagement impact.
The members of the panel were:
- Amanda Loeffen, WAPPP Chair of the Water Chapter
- Syed M. Ali Zaidi, Chairperson of UNECE, Bureau of the Working Party on PPPs, UNECE Public-Private Partnerships
- Muhammad Kaleem S., Director and Partner at iConsult
- Sergei Samolis, WAPPP Co-Chair of the Eastern Europe & Central Asia Chapter
- Maya Boureghda Chebeane, Lawyer at JURISMED
- Marc Frilet, WAPPP Chair of the Legislative Framework Chapter
- Naresh Bana, PhD, psc, FIE, MIMA, MIPWE, WAPPP Chair of the South Asia Chapter